Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2014

Week 3: Taipei and Keelung 21.09 – 28.09.2014

The third week in Taiwan and this week was the first “real” school week.
I was enrolled in a math course called “Management Mathematics” and I attended the class in this week. My math background was not on the level what it should have been and I thought that I would need too much time to fill the gaps. Furthermore the teacher said that he is not sure if he will continue to do this course in English after the mid terms so I decided that it is not worth the effort and dropped that course. And with this I had my schedule together.  
This week was also the start of the general Chinese course. I have Chinese classes twice a week on Monday and Wednesday from 18:30 – 21:15.


On Saturday I was in Keelung City and also visited the Yehliu Geopark. Keelung is one hour train ride away from Taipei and to get to the Yehliu Geopark from Keelung  it took around 45 minutes by bus. In the Geopark you can see many stones and rocks but it is definitely worth a visit.
Keelung has some temples but they close at 5 pm and I was there too late so they were already closed. I think from there you might have a good view over the city so next time I should make sure to be there earlier.
On Sunday I went to the Baishawan Beach (white sand beach). It is close to the MRT station Tamsui and from there you have to take a bus. The beach was really beautiful and the waves were not too high.

Keelung City
An eagle
Harbour front
Yehliu Geopark
Rocks
Yehliu cape
More rocks



The park 

Coastline

Lion statue

Temple (主普壇)

Statue of Goddess of Mercy

Statue of Goddess of Mercy

A bell in the Jhongjheng Park

Baishawan Beach

Baishawan Beach

@ Shilin Nightmarket

@ Shilin Nightmarket

@ Shilin Nightmarket

@ Shilin Nightmarket

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen