Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2014

First Days in Taiwan 09.09 – 13.09.2014

 
I arrived in Taiwan on 9th September in the afternoon. From the Airport it had a shuttle bus for the International students which went directly to the dorms. The checking process for the room was rather slow, standing in lanes getting many papers which had to be filled out. Then waiting again paying the 2 month deposit, go to the room and check if everything is there what should be there and go back to the lobby to get your passport back.
The room had no mattress so I had to buy one.


On Thursday (11.09.14) there was a campus tour and the Orientation day. The campus looked big in the beginning but if you know where you have to go it feels not so big anymore J
On Friday (12.09.14) there was the registration. I had uploaded all the required documents before so I just had to show the receipt for my tuition fee and I got my NTU student card. The student card is also an Easy Card. You can load money on it and make payments  or even use it for the public transportation system in Taipei.
The other days I spend mostly with traveling around Taipei. The weather was hot (up to 35 °C) and humid but at least it was not raining so much. 
On the way to Taipei

NTU Orientation

Gongguan Riverside Park
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
Bronce statue of Chiang Kai-shek
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
The front gate
National Concert Hall
Taipei 101
"Hiking" on the Elephant Mountain
Taipei
View from Elephant Mountain
 

Sunset
Taipei 101 at night

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen