Montag, 13. Oktober 2014

First week at school 14.09 – 20.09.2014


On Sunday 14th September there was the registration for the Chinese course and the replacement test. I have no Chinese knowledge so I skipped the replacement test and just went there in the morning for the registration.
On Monday the 15.09.2014 was the first school day of the semester. In August there has been two online course selection periods. In the first one I managed to get into two courses and in the second stage I was not able to add more courses. That meant I needed to go to every class I planned to take and ask the lecturer for a permission number. With that I could add this course in the course add/ drop period. Basically you have two week time to add more courses or to drop them.
After that you still can withdrawal one course until December. So the selection system is quite different from the procedure at FHNW in Switzerland.
The first week was more about collecting permission numbers and listening to some introductions about the course… Only in one of the courses there was a “real” lesson.
At least I got a permission number for every course I planned to take, after the first week I had signed in for 18 NTU credits (18 NTU credits = 36 ECTS credits). So I would be able to drop one of them in the second week, because I want to take 15 credits this semester.
And I bought a second hand bike on Thursday morning. Or the bike sale starts at 8 am and they only have 25 bikes per day so people were there quite early. We were in the waiting line at 5 am and we got the numbers 22 and 23. The price for a bike was 400 TWD (around 12 CHF).
In this week I also got to see more from Taipei and the surrounding area.

A "magic" permission number
 
Mengjia Longshan Temple
Mengjia Longshan Temple
Tamsui Presbyterian church (Tamsui Mackay Memorial Chapel)
Tamsui Red Castle
At the Yangmingshan Nationalpark
A flower
Sunset at Yangmingshan Nationalpark
Sidewalk
Panda at the Taipei Zoo
At the Zoo

Monkey
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
Taipei 101
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen