Mittwoch, 31. Dezember 2014

Weeks 7-10: Studying at NTU (20.10 – 16.11.2014)


I take 4 courses from the collage of Management and the General Chinese Course. All together this makes 15 NTU Credits which equals 30 ECTS credits. My timetable looks like the following, school on Monday morning, Tuesday to Thursday afternoon and the Chinese course on Monday and Wednesday evening.
Comparing the course level to my home university (FHNW) I would say that the level of the courses is higher at the FHNW. Here the lectures are not that interesting, and in around 50% of the courses I did not learn that much. But all of my courses have at least one group work with a presentation, some require term projects and final projects. Two of my courses had a midterm and a final, and that are the only exams I will have here (one of them is the Chinese course). The midterms were held in the week 10 (10.11 – 16.11). In the other courses the grades are made through the group work presentations and assignments / homeworks.
In one course I was busy over the whole semester because we had to do a presentation or a case report almost every week, and it even had a term and final project.  

To learn Chinese takes for me a lot of time to learn to write the characters, normally every lesson has a dictation or a review test. In addition to this we have to do homework as well, so learning Chinese really needs a lot of time and effort.

Here are some pictures from hiking and the university + campus.

Maybe not the best weather
Yangminshan
Hiking in the fog
Mt. Cising Main Peak
Way down
NTU Main Entrance
Library
NTU Sports Complex
Drunken Moon Lake
College of Management - Building 1
College of Management - Building 2
Street in Gongguan
Taipei 101
View from the roof deck of the dorm

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen